Sunday 6 April 2008

hi everybody!

Finally! i figured out how to work this thing!
Where to begin? since missing my flight home and amazingly getting the very next one standby, the universe and my world have been sending me constant messages of support and inspiration. I know now more than ever that i am doing the rite thing for myself and the world.
The farm is amazing, S&S homestead farm, i was welcomed with open arms into the family and my nervousness about living here for 6 months disappeared. My fellow intern is wonderful, as is everyone else on the farm. the milking cow "Loveday" just gave birth and hand milking is everything i expected, wonderful. i just moved into my tent on the property and its freezing, it snowed 5 inches at sea level last week, but its all part of the homesteading experience and now is the time for these rich experiences that make us stronger and who we are.
Friday: chased baby and mama cow for 45 min. through a mudd bog of a field trying to get them into a stall, also chased 8 seriously pregnant sheep back into pen after considerable damage to the csa garden, got shocked by a 9 volt fence 4 times (throughout the day) set up my 16x12 pole tent. fun and always full days on the farm. i hurt so bad all over, but it feels so good.
back on the land again!
good luck and love to you all,
hoping it warms up soon!
erin

No comments: