Saturday 7 June 2008

Goliath fighting the little sister of David

Bon dia a todos,

This week one of the farming families announced they would stop producing. The two farmers worked with their wives and sons on 9 hectares of land. With tears in their eyes they came from the meeting, one angry and the other completely lost.
They did not manage the discipline of working independent, could not follow the contract, but loved their job. When I asked what they would do now they said `working on a tractor for conventional farms.`

Today I have been invited to a industrial pigfarm in the mountains 20 km from the farm I work.
Full of pride they showed me the extremely clean pigs not able to move, full of drugs and boredom. They put all rests of a nearby Nestle factory in their stomac and monitor every thing very closely on a especially made computer program. Caralho !!

This is not a farm, I told to Cristiane who is getting to know a lot about this ART of agriculture, this is a logistic magazine where you buy, put in a little bag and hope the bag takes as much volume as possible or squises out other little bags to stuff no matter what. To sell so you can buy full bags to put in animal bags again.

I remembered reading the lecture from Steiner on the Animal Soul (from the STeiner´s web archive) and felt like crying!

Then I come home and read my favorite website where RobinE posted the article on GM in world and especially Brasil and my stomac turns full size.

I am in the process of creating the educational garden at the sitio. Here we will teach children from which most of parents don´t care about organic or any form of sustainable agriculture how important it is to be connected to the soil and the joy of good produce. Knowing that their garden is all concrete and organic is only for the Rich!

I kind of loose my little sisters enthusiasm and look away full of fear from this money making being that I can not stop from growing...

So if you have some good news, please bring it on!!!!

No comments: