Sunday 15 June 2008

If it aint' broken...

Greetings from DHF! I finally broke something last week... We had a weeding gang down from Birmingham, Polish and Indian workers. I spent two days driving the 'lazy' weeder with 9 people on the back... 200m an hour along the carrot beds. The damper ,or 'stay' ..the thing that holds the back window open was broken... so it was propped open with a stick. The stick was fine until I moved it to raise the window and rested it on the draught linkage...so when I raised the machine at the headland the window snapped off ... All was saved by the power cable to the wiper motor which amazingly took the full weight of the window and prevented a potentially nasty scene where the weeding team get showered with broken glass... so its a good story Goatman!
And in other news, I am about to move into a Duchy house nearby.. the student who was living there has left so David offered it to me.. The Firm have a number of properties for their staff
; i went to Freds house last week, an idyllic place up a quiet lane behind Highgrove...
Cottages in this area sell for half a million quid..... if you work for the Duchy it costs about £25 per month! This really got me thinking.....

No comments: