Monday 20 April 2009

Charlie's song

Hi everybody,

Nice to read from all of you... I am currently in Plawhatch and will be till the end of this week - don't know how I'll ever be able to leave, really... But there you go, crash course in milking, looking after the animals, feeding, fencing, counting eggs... Calving ! There were 4 birthes last night, including twins !! Oh how nice to be out there and part of life, it's hard to imagine ever sitting in a classroom again. Moving to Cherry Gardens next Saturday to immerse myself into vegetable life.

Graduates, as promised, here is your song ! Lyrics by Charlie Wannop (where are you by the way, Charlie, it would be good to hear from you !), melody as in the original song, chords G-G-C-G-G-D7-G and more G. Enjoy !

"Last year's students had a farm"

Young Katrina had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on that farm she had a cow - E I E I Oh
With a great diet here and no vet bills there
Here a calf, there a calf, profits everywhere
Young Katrina...

Mid Mac Phil he had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on that farm he had some preps - E I E I Oh
With a 501 to a 507
A bit of Maye Bruce and a shot of 08
Mid Mac Phil...

Banker Bob he had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on that farm he had.. a HORSE ??? - E I E I Oh
With mini dairies here and a garden there
Another job elsewhere and a stress-free life
Banker Bob...

Young Mac Adam had a community farm - E I E I Oh
And on this farm he had some thoughts - E I E I Oh
With a rain gun here and a garden there
Here a house, there a house, people everywhere
Young Mac Adam...

Our Erin had a CSA farm - E I E I Oh
And on that farm she had some veg - E I E I Oh
With courses here and boxes there
Here a yurt, there a yurt, happiness everywhere oh
Our Erin...

Mr Kristoff had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on this farm he had some goats - E I E I Oh
With cheeses here and cheeses there
Here a veggie plot, there a goat - oh hell !
Mr Kristoff...

Old McHall he had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on this farm he had a scheme - E I E I Oh
With boxes here and boxes there
Here a profit, there a loss, everywhere a balance
Old McHall...

Old McJeff he had a plan - E I E I Oh
And with this plan he had some fun - E I E I Oh
Tree crops here and ducklings there
Here a pond, there some duck pooh aaaaarghhhhhhh !
Old McJeff...

Mac Kaela had a farm - E I E I Oh
And on that farm she had some grain - E I E I Oh
With tractors here and tractors there
Here a hen, there a cow, loads of work everywhere
Mac Kaela...

Well all these students got a farm - E I E I Oh
And we all hope they get some fun - E I E I Oh
With hard work here and enough money there
Here a laugh, there a giggle and lots of love everywhere...

...May all these students have a farm ! E I E I Ooooooooooooooooooh.


ANd BLESSINGS on YOUR JOurNeys !!!

Love,

Marie

No comments: